Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Passion For You......and some others

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm starting another poetry thread. Comment if you'd like.

    Passion For You

    When shall I hold my passion for you?
    On our long walks home
    Or the drive back to work?
    Shall I wait ?til the mood strikes you
    Or gather my things to tomorrow?s sunrise?
    Shall I pace from here to winter
    Or wait still, bird to stone?
    Feelings inside I can?t suppress
    Shall burst through and reach for you.
    Shall I hold my passion for you
    Until you can?t hold yours for me?

    ------------------
    Branflakes, the ninja lesbian milk getter bunny protecting flirt.
    The one called "brain" and "brandiflakes" and....
    I'm tired of the silent majority. Silence equals death.
    Life is what you make it.
    "I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality"-Savage Garden

    When shall I hold my passion for you?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A couple of others that are fairly recent. I think I posted them, but not sure if anyone got a chance to see them.

    Mind of Heart

    I cannot control my heart.
    I?ll instruct it on what to say and do,
    But it impedes itself to my social duels.
    I stare and nod about friendships
    While my heart screams about loves and bliss.
    My mind debates that which makes sense
    While my heart concatenates on what could?ve been.
    Dreams rise in my heart, while reality minds my dark.
    I know what I can have with you.
    Just know sometimes what I want with you.

    ----------------------------------------

    Darkness I Dream

    It comes upon my eyes,
    This sadness of your lies.
    Yesterday we dreamed of future
    Wheres and moving past
    The times of hurt and mellow place.
    Now you face me with your thoughts
    Of leaving and ?needing space?.
    I can only watch your retreat
    And dream again in dark defeat.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 1999
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like Bran. I like the second one "Mind of Heart" the most. Here's something that I wrote thinking about one of my friends a little after I got here to college. I don't think that I've posted it before (I hope not...)


    I was just writing this to see
    do you still think of me?
    When the nights are long and cold
    do you think of the nights we shared, the stories we told?
    Do you think of me, the way I think of you
    all the time, obsessively, dont know what to do?
    Im reading everything tonight and it makes me so sad
    that Im not there to talk to you, recount the times we had...
    I guess the point of this letter is that I miss you
    even if what we had was just a fluke
    just a result of where we both were at that time
    even though I dont think thats right...
    I miss you a lot I hope youre there when I get home
    but if youre not, I understand, hell, I had to roam...
    Thanks for what we have and what we had
    I always know that around you, Im a little less sad.
    I love you so much I dont know how to change
    this college existence is kind of a drain...
    But, regardless, thanks for everything
    heres a song for you to sing!



    ------------------
    "What about him? What are you doing with him?"
    "What you should be doing with me..."

    Proud family member of Jelymo, gollum, Kelly, Dano, Jaxom27, 5Cats, Fenix and others.

    I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really like that one, Oz. Speaking of obsessive stuff, here's some old ones on that similar topic:

    Forever The Friend 5/21/96

    I'm torn up inside
    Because she is.
    I want to be the soother,
    And savior, but I can't
    Heal her broken heart.
    I know how she feels-
    To love someone more than
    That someone loves you.
    That's why I must always be
    Her friend, and nothing
    More.

    -----------------------------
    Beyond Me 2/28/96

    Who do you think of
    When you don't think of me?
    Where does your mind wander
    When it walks away from me?
    Why would you want to be
    Where I can not be?
    Who else can care for you
    When I'm not around?
    I suppose what I really want
    To know, is what I'm to do
    Now that you no longer think of me.

    ---------------------------------

    Languished in Love 11/8/93

    I'm not sure what catches
    Me first. Maybe it's something
    In your eyes or voice. Maybe
    It's the way your hair moves
    In the light. I suppose it
    Doesn't really matter. The
    Fire may have sparked in one
    Corner, but now, all of you
    Consumes me. I don't want
    To be extinguished. I just want
    To revel in the warmth of being
    In love with you.

    ------------------------

    Wanting You 10/25/92

    I never thought
    I'd want you.
    You can always choose
    The perfect words,
    While I feel
    Slow and ignorant,
    Trying to express
    What I feel.
    Seven years it took
    Me to notice.
    But once I did,
    You consumed me.
    Your music, your voice,
    Your hair and eyes,
    I even like your legs.
    A desire I'm not used to
    Feeling and acknowledging,
    Much less expressing.
    To meet you would
    Bring a happiness I've
    Never known. I can
    Only hope it happens
    Before you or myself
    Leave this place.


  5. #5
    Inactive Member Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 1999
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the alliteration in your titles, and coincidentally, I like those poems the best.

    ------------------
    "What about him? What are you doing with him?"
    "What you should be doing with me..."

    Proud family member of Jelymo, gollum, Kelly, Dano, Jaxom27, 5Cats, Fenix and others.

    I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Chilimuffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2000
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always like the rawness and honesty of your poems, Bran. I like the very first one the best, but I also like Languished in Love, because it's disjunctured lines give each line more impact (or maybe that's just me wink).

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dwim's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 1999
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good job Bran... truth and neakedness in any writing are the ones that lives on forever.

    ------------------
    I try to be humble but this guy threw my greatness in my face! I'm trying to deny my greatness!

    "Everything belongs to me because I am poor." - Jack Kerouac Visions of Cody

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *blush* Thanks, y'all. I consider my poems simple, the language fairly basic. It's the only way I've ever been able to write them. *shrugs*

    Titles are very important to me. That is one thing I'm proud of.

    (there's a story behind why Languished In Love is titled the way it is. The name of the person who inspired it is hidden within.)

    ------------------
    Branflakes, the ninja lesbian milk getter bunny protecting flirt.
    The one called "brain" and "brandiflakes" and....
    I'm tired of the silent majority. Silence equals death.
    Life is what you make it.
    "I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality"-Savage Garden

    When shall I hold my passion for you?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 1999
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    two fold response. first: in general, i dont like rhyming poetry either jones. and this is the first that id written in about two years. i think that it turned out okay though and im glad to have your response as approval...

    second: bran, is the name lil or lily? just wondering, cuz that really made me think... also, jones said we should put out a book together! woo hoo!

    ------------------
    "What about him? What are you doing with him?"
    "What you should be doing with me..."

    Proud family member of Jelymo, gollum, Kelly, Dano, Jaxom27, 5Cats, Fenix and others.

    I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned

    Arch-nemesis of Tea Woman

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They do kind of tell a story, Jones. About some of the processes I've gone through in that whole love/misery thing.

    Actually, I'd love to put together a book of poetry from all the STPers. The stuff I read from everyone is awesome.


    Oz: Nope. It's not her first name that is hidden. No more clues, no one would understand it, anyway. I only mentioned it because it was about the cleverest thing I ever did with a title.

    ------------------
    Branflakes, the ninja lesbian milk getter bunny protecting flirt.
    The one called "brain" and "brandiflakes" and....
    I'm tired of the silent majority. Silence equals death.
    Life is what you make it.
    "I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality"-Savage Garden

    When shall I hold my passion for you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •